Posts tagged with School of Music
The National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) this week called on ANU Vice-Chancellor, Ian Young and his deputy, Marnie Hughes-Warrington to take full responsibility for the collapse in 2013 ...
After strenuous negotiations over the last week, NTEU advocates have won the following changes to ANU's proposals for the future of School of Music staff.
The following changes ...
Issue: August 2012
Tags: ANU, School of Music, Bluestocking Week, delegate training, enterprise bargaining 2012,
This issue contains articles on the threat of management's economic to ANU, including the music school; the celebration of Bluestocking Week, with a range of great events in the week beginning 13th August; preparations for imminent enterprise bargaining a
The NTEU ACT Division Secretary has just sent this submission on ANU's School of Music change proposal to the Vice-Chancellor.
Tags: ANU, School of Music
The submission was sent with this covering email: Dear Professor Young Attached is the formal NTEU response to the School of Music Managing Change proposal. As you'll note, we have analysed the proposal carefully and believe it is unreasonable, u
If you didn't get to be at one of the best rallies ever, you can get a flavour of it here.
ANU School of Music rally
- The rally began with bands playing all over campus, showing the depth and breadth of skill produced by the School.
- Brass band gathers up protesters and leads them to Union Court.
- Brass band and drummers and dancing, rhythmically clapping protesters.
- Gary France drumming up the intensity.
- Are we having fun yet? Oh, yes.
- Jazz band leader adds swing to the chant of 'Save Our School'.
- Musicians of very different styles join in protest.
- The NTEU labelled the VC's planned ANU cuts 'Cold, not bold.' The meme has been taken further.
- Music School choir enchants the protestors.
- The drumming, chanting crowd fell silent to listen to the exquisite singing of a School of Music choir.
- NTEU-banner-holding protester masked in the spirit of festive protest.
- ACT NTEU Secretary Stephen Darwin inspired the crowd with a fiery rejection of cuts to the School of Music.
- Greens MLA Caroline Le Couteur addresses the rally.
- Federal police attended but stayed in the background of a peaceful rally.
- Protestors listening to speeches of support for the School of Music (Not, as this photo might suggest, worshipping a tree).
- It was a huge rally of about a thousand people.
- Jack Hobbs, ANU Students' Association's Music Rep, addressing the crowd.
- Malba Barahona carrying the NTEU banner in the march to the Chancery.
- Annie Carroll carrying the other end of the banner!
- Yes, we're definitely having fun now.
- Protestors dancing outside the Chancelry.
- ANUSA President Dallas Proctor heading into the Chancelry (with Music Reps Jack Hobbs and Yasmin Masri) to present a petition signed by over 21,000 people.
ACT Division Secretary Stephen Darwin challenges ANU's Vice-Chancellor to fight for, rather than fight with, the University - starting by withdrawing the ill-conceived proposals ...