University of Queensland
NTEU is proud to present our latest video featuring Nobel Laureate Prof Peter Doherty (University of Melbourne). Professor Doherty explains why you should join the Dumb Cuts National Protests across ...
Nobel Laureate Prof Peter Doherty on the Dumb Cuts
NTEU members and university staff send a message to the Prime Minister to oppose the Federal Government's $4b cuts to the higher education sector.
More info at dumbcuts.org.au
Dear Prime Minister
NTEU calls for nationwide protest on 14 May over university funding cuts
The National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) will hold national protests in capital cities and regional areas over higher ...
Here is the UQ Enterprise Bargaining Bulleting No. 7 describing progress in the meeting of 24 April 2013http://issuu.com/nteu-uq/docs/uq_nteu_enterprise_bargaining_bulletin_no_7
Published: 29 Apr, 2013
Tags: UQ EB6,
A report to members on the Enterprise Bargaining negotiations at UQ. 29 April 2013
An analysis of the cuts to university funding released by the National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) today challenges the Prime Minister’s characterisation of these cuts as being nothing more ...
Around 150 Staff and Students rallied in Brisbane Square on Tuesday 23April to express their outrage at the proposed cuts to Tertiary Education funding by the Federal Government.
The Qld Division ...
Stop the Cuts Rally in Brisbane, 23 April, 2013
- Stop the Cuts 01
- Andrew Bonnell addressing the rally
- Uni Cuts, Dumb Cuts
- Rebecca Barrigos addressing the rally
- Max Chandler-Mather addressing the rally
- Duncan Hart addressing the rally
- Rob Nicholas addressing the rally
Catch up with ArtsHub article from 19 April on the effects of the $2.3bn uni cuts: "Schools funding formula fails arts education,"
By Paul Isbel | Friday April 19 ...
On Thursday 18 April students and staff at UQ rallied to oppose the decision to discontinue the Gender Studies major. Here are some photos from the rally.
UQ Rally against Gender Studies cut
- Rally participants I
- Rally participants II
- Student addressing the rally
- Sharon Bickle addressing the rally
- Marching to the UQ Senate
- Marching to the UQ Senate II
- Jeanette Hoorn addressing the rally
- Annie Pohlman addressing the rally
- Rally participants III
- Chief Operating Officer, Maurie McNarn behind police lines
- Maurie McNarn accepting letters and petition from student representatives
- NTEU UQ Branch President and UQ Senator Andrew Bonnell at the rally
- Andrew Bonnell negotiating his way into the Senate meeting
The NTEU has produced a leaflet explaining the Federal Government's cuts to higher education funding.
Please feel free to distribute around your workplace and amongst your friends and families.
Research by the National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) has questioned key claims about the $2.3bn university cuts made by Craig Emerson, the Minister for Education, Skills, Science and Research, in an email forwarded to all Monash University staff and students on Wednesday. An almost identical letter was emailed to the