La Trobe University
Posts tagged with Budget
The NTEU anticipates that the Federal Budget to be handed down on Tuesday 13 May 2014 will include the following changes to way Australian higher education is regulated and funded:
- Significant reductions to government contribution amounts for Commonwealth supported places (CSPs).
- Removal of caps on maximum CSP tuition fees.
- CSP funding to be opened up to non-university higher education providers, including for-profit providers.
- Demand driven CSP funding to expanded to include sub-bachelor higher education qualifications.
- Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) repayment thresholds to be lowered.
- Less favourable indexation arrangements for higher education grants.
- Consolidation and streamlining of research block grants.
For a more detailed analysis of these changes download the following briefing
ADDENDUM 8 May
Following a speech given by the Minister for Higher Education, Christopher Pyne at the Launch of the Diamond Deposition Suite at Monash University on Thursday 8 May 2014, the ...
The Federal Government has released a Ministerial Statement which indicates that La Trobe University has achieved a $99.2 million operating surplus in 2010, which is the highest operating surplus in ...
NTEU La Trobe Branch has written to the Vice-Chancellor after hundreds of union members across six campuses were briefed last week about the fundamentally sound position of the University's budget. ...
"TERTIARY education minister Chris Evans has dismissed as "complete nonsense'' the idea that La Trobe University is an early casualty of the new demand-driven funding system."
Read the full ...
NTEU is in dispute with La Trobe University over its failure to consult before announcing a staff freeze. The University has also adopted without consultation a new program to levy fines for low enrolment subjects.
NTEU La Trobe Branch is in favour of greater transparency in the budgeting process, however, we have identified a number of concerns regarding lack of flexibility in the implementation of the ...
LTU 2012 Budget Model