ANUE Bargaining report
Members at ANUE will be encouraged that substantial progress is being made by the NTEU bargaining team on negotiations for their new Enterprise Agreement.
So far we have reached agreement in principle on a number of things:
- Removal of 75 day accumulation cap on personal leave
- Increase of maternity leave to 20 weeks paid leave - up by 4 weeks and partner of birth mother leave to 3 weeks' paid leave.
- They have agreed to union rights & resources, pending legal advice.
- Agreed to introduction of new casual pay system that is based on the continuing teaching staff's salary scale
- Have agreed to consider a professional and admin staff classification structure
We've also given management a more detailed proposed salary scale for teachers based on parity with ACT secondary teachers. They will take it to the Remuneration Committee and respond at the next meeting.