Curtin University of Technology
The National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) is urging universities to not disadvantage students who participate in National Union of Students protests around the country tomorrow.
“The NTEU ...
NTEU believes a complete revision of the Academic Workload Management System is requires after a survey of members revealed that it has proved unworkable and its implementation has been a shambles, ...
NTEU Community is a fortnight e-buletin for WA NTEU members.
UWA Staff Vote for In Principle Agreement
Budget spells Road to Ruin- NUS and ...
The NTEU has developed a fact sheet that outlines the changes to Australia’s higher education system as announced in the 2014 Federal Budget.
The fact sheet, and further analysis of the Budget, can be found on our new website A 1st Degree Shouldn't Cost A 2nd
Protests against the changes to higher education in this year's budget will be held around Australia on Wednesday, 21st of May. Times vary according to city and can be seen in the image above.
The NTEU has encouraged members not to penalise students who are attending the protests.For more information, contact our
Tonight’s budget has seen Tony Abbott succeed in his quest to be known as an ‘infrastructure prime minister’.
He and Christopher Pyne have paved a road to ruin for our public ...
Tomorrow’s Budget will see Tony Abbott achieve in his quest to be known as an ‘infrastructure Prime Minister”.
Christopher Pyne and Tony Abbott will be paving a road to ruin for ...
The NTEU anticipates that the Federal Budget to be handed down on Tuesday 13 May 2014 will include the following changes to way Australian higher education is regulated and funded:
- Significant reductions to government contribution amounts for Commonwealth supported places (CSPs).
- Removal of caps on maximum CSP tuition fees.
- CSP funding to be opened up to non-university higher education providers, including for-profit providers.
- Demand driven CSP funding to expanded to include sub-bachelor higher education qualifications.
- Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) repayment thresholds to be lowered.
- Less favourable indexation arrangements for higher education grants.
- Consolidation and streamlining of research block grants.
For a more detailed analysis of these changes download the following briefing