UWS staff should vote NO
The University of Western Sydney (UWS) management has taken the extraordinary step of conducting a ballot of Academic staff for a Non-Union Enterprise Agreement. This inferior management proposal does not address the on going issue of Academic Workloads and makes pay rises contingent on the basis of the successful implementation of undisclosed improvement initiatives.
We believe that holding a ballot at this time is denying staff their rights:
- Holding a ballot at this time does not allow the NTEU the opportunity to hold proper meetings with its members and gauge their views on the Agreement.
- Why are Management so committed to rushing this through, at Christmas, when many staff have already left for the year? What have Management got to hide?
- Staff should not be denied their rights to question the document simply to rush though an agreement before the end of the year.
We believe that the process has been hijacked by an ideological agenda:
- Leading up to the non-Union ballot, Management refused to allow the Union access to teleconferencing facilities in an effort to gag the NTEU and gag debate.
- Management’s ballot proposal is about driving a wedge between the Academic staff and their union, the NTEU.
- Management has adopted ideology over commonsense and hijacked the more collegial processes that should typify Academic bargaining.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT WWW.UNIVERSITYBARGAINING.COM.AU/UWS