October is payrise month @ UoN- thank the NTEU by joining today!
You may have noticed a 2% increase in your pay this month
NTEU members and NTEU staff worked to achieve this at the University of Newcastle after long negotiations for collective agreements that delivered:
- overall salary increases of 17.9% compounded by June 2013
- improvements in casual staff pay and conditions.
- improved conversion provisions from fixed-term to permanent employment for general staff.
- improved academic workload regulation.
- improved job security, limiting the use of precarious employment to genuine circumstances, and promoting continuing employment as the primary form of employment.
- consolidating some of the best parental leave provisions; with paid leave of 26 weeks.
NTEU lobbied hard for an agreement to give EQUAL pay increases for academic staff, teachers and general staff.
NTEU will continue to lobby in the future for EQUAL pay rises to improve long term benefits for general staff.
Your local NTEU Newcastle Branch is currently working on:
* Higher Education Funding review and ERA * Workloads * Casual’s Rights * HEW classifications
* UoN compliance with Organisational Change processes * Implementation of the Enterprise Agreements
As staff, we need to look after each other.
JOIN NTEU today - We all need to work together to ensure the University of Newcastle is a good, fair and secure place to work. By joining NTEU, you can rest easy knowing you will have access to expert industrial advice and support at work.
We look forward to working with you.