Do you have the LTU 'Budget Blues'?
NTEU La Trobe Branch is in favour of greater transparency in the budgeting process, however, we have identified a number of concerns regarding lack of flexibility in the implementation of the budget.
- lack of recognition of historical successes
- the setting of overly optimistic targets
- anomalies in the allocation of central costs
- a proposal for significant monetary penalties for low enrolment subjects
- improper distribution of research funds according to limited ERA criteria
- restrictive conditions for accessing Outside Earnings and Research Account monies
- major problems with how research funds are accounted for when they are not spent in the year they are earned.
We have written to the Vice-Chancellor requesting a response on these issues and on our suggestions for improving the implementation of the budget.
LTU 2012 Budget Model
Tags: LTU, La Trobe University, Budget,