NTEU participating in Collaboration in Regional Tertiary Education conference
NTEU is proud to be a participant and media partner at the Collaboration in Regional Tertiary Education conference which is being held on 18-19 October in Cairns.
NTEU members receive 10% off the standard registration price when you quote the code CC*AUR
The Australian government’s 2011-12 budget, will deliver $674 million to boost higher education, training and employment outcomes for regional Australia. To secure a future of sustainable growth in regional markets, it is vital to strengthen synergistic links between regional tertiary education, infrastructure and rural communities. Inequities in rates of tertiary education participation between regional and metropolitan populations, coupled with difficulties in implementing effective policies, have been longstanding challenges.
Thus, tertiary education providers are tasked with creating innovative approaches to the provision of regional tertiary education in order to overcome specific regional complexities and increase participation.
Collaboration in regional contexts is critical to overcoming resource and infrastructure constraints in addition to increasing aspiration and access in low SES regions. Partnerships between education sectors, local government, community and business provide a vital opportunity to develop responsive and flexible pathways for sustainable participation in tertiary education.
Maximise the benefits of regional collaboration to:
- Overcome geography and communication constraints via flexible delivery models
- Establish cross- sector engagement for more accessible and relevant articulation pathways
- Develop innovative approaches to resourcing and infrastructure via linkages with industry and community
- Increase supervision and degree opportunities through cross-institutional partnerships
- The Hon Tim Mulherin MP, Qld Minister for Agriculture, Food & Regional Economies & Member for Mackay
- Sean Casey, Advisor – Broadband Applications, NBN Co
- Emeritus Professor Kwong Lee Dow, Chair, Review of Student Income Support Reforms
- Professor Sandra Harding, Vice Chancellor, James Cook University & Member, Ministerial Advisory Council on Regional Australia
- Kate Baxter, Institute Director, TAFE Western, NSW
- Marilyn Hart, Director Skills & Provider, Policy Skills Australia
- Professor Ian Goulter, Vice Chancellor, Charles Sturt University
- Jeannie Rea, National President, NTEU
- Dr Daniel Walker, Deputy Chief, CSIRO Ecosystems Sciences
- Professor Jim Barber, Vice Chancellor, University of New England
- Adrian Mitchell, Director, Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Professor Helen Bartlett, Pro Vice-Chancellor & President, Monash University, Gippsland Campus
- Professor Todd Walker, Pro Vice Chancellor, University of Ballarat
- Professor Chris Cocklin, Deputy Vice Chancellor, James Cook University
- Dr Sharon Winocur, Executive Director, B-HERT
- Denise Janek, Managing Director, TAFE SA Regional
- Professor Mike Levy, Director, Brisbane Universities Languages Hub, University of Queensland
- Honorary Professor Glen Postle AM, University of Southern Queensland
- Tom Murphy, Chief Executive Officer, Western Research Institute
- Bronwyn Voyce, Executive Officer, Far North QLD & Torres Strait RDA
NTEU members receive 10% off the standard registration price if you quote the code CC*AUR