Welcome to the NTEU-UWS Branch Website
The NTEU is member led, everyone plays a part in ensuring the Union is active in the workplace.
NTEU membership goes beyond getting someone to sign on the dotted line – it means involving members more directly in the work of the Union, particularly at the local level, and building a culture that supports and encourages involvement. This includes being able to easily identify and contact members and non-members, as well as educating members to recognise that recruitment, campaigning and ‘talking union’ is the job of all union members.
All members – whether you are full time or casual members, delegates and activists play a vital role in working with Branch, Division and National levels to organise and campaign around important workplace matters.
NTEU is a specialist national union representing in the Australian tertiary education sector.The NTEU represents all staff; Academic and Casual/Research staff, General and Professional staff, ELICOS teachers, staff of Student Unions and university companies such as UWS College.The NTEU with the broader Australian community and union movement continues to campaign for the future of Australia's higher education sector.
Your NTEU Branch is effective because...
- Members are the Union.
- Members understand the importance of working together.
- Union delegate and activists provide support and advice to help members win in the workplace.
- Members are trained and encouraged to work collectively to campaign on workplace issues, and for improvements.
- The Union cannot be separated from the workplace as members and management understand that the workers are the Union
- NTEU has one of the most democratic structures of any union to ensure members voices are heard and represented in decision making at all levels of the union.
- NTEU is proactive; members are empowered to take ownership of and collectively resolve local workplace matters. This philosophy is used to engage with your non-member colleagues to join with you to support and participate in local activities and achieve positive wokrplace change.
The Federal Court has ordered the reinstatement of Professor Judith Bessant at RMIT University in Melbourne – a judgement that the National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) welcomes as a warning ...
The National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) today warned that Federal Opposition Leader, Tony Abbott, is hiding the range and breadth of funding cuts planned by the Coalition should it win ...
Over 700 protestors called for the restoration of the latest $2.3bn cuts to university and student funding at a rally this afternoon in Sydney’s Victoria Park. Staff from the University of ...
LY.LG.02 North Parramatta Campus
University of Western Sydney
Phone: 02 9685 9965
Fax: 02 9685 9928