Get Involved, Get Active
NTEU UWS: My union, my branchHow Delegate and Activist Contacts provide support to members on campus
- Members have a good understanding of workplace issues and culture that is invaluable to inform how to effectively resolve a matter.
- Act as first point of contact for members including being clearly identifiable to members (door signs)
- Approach new staff about joining the Union.
- Distribute union materials and keep NTEU members in the area up to date on union activities, meetings or issues.
- Encourage members to take ownership of the processes that govern their work and make informed decisions
- When members are involved, through experience members can be confident in their ability to exercise influence in local decisions.
NSW Environmental Network
NSW Women's Action Network meet on a bi-monthly basis in NSW Division Office, Surry Hills. The WAN discuss and explore active campaigns and/or initiatives that are specifically related to matters that women wish to support or become involved in.
UWS Workload Network Workloads
UWS Casual and Research Staff NetworkFor answers to all your questions about being a university casual and how NTEU can assist you, please visit our special casuals website,
UWS Casual Research Staff Network
Subscribe to the latest information and updates for Casual and Research Staff
The NTEU UWS Branch is committed to improving support for NTEU delegates and building an active delegates network at UWS. Active members are essential to the success of the NTEU and providing local training and support to members is an important part of our plan for achieving our objectives to be a strong organising union.
NTEU Delegate Handbook provides information and resources to help you in your role as a delegate. It is based on the experiences of NTEU members and staff, and contains information about how to approach colleagues to join, organise workplace meetings and build around workplace issues. It also has further information about the training and support available to our delegates.
Register your interest in NTEU Training here, and your branch organiser will contact you to provide specific information about the upcoming training course and dates.
To get a copy of the Handbook, contact your local branch office T: 9685 9965 E email@example.com and arrange a suitable time to meet on campus.
LY.LG.02 North Parramatta Campus
University of Western Sydney
Phone: 02 9685 9965
Fax: 02 9685 9928