Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
Tonight’s budget has seen Tony Abbott succeed in his quest to be known as an ‘infrastructure prime minister’.
He and Christopher Pyne have paved a road to ruin for our public ...
Tomorrow’s Budget will see Tony Abbott achieve in his quest to be known as an ‘infrastructure Prime Minister”.
Christopher Pyne and Tony Abbott will be paving a road to ruin for ...
The NTEU anticipates that the Federal Budget to be handed down on Tuesday 13 May 2014 will include the following changes to way Australian higher education is regulated and funded:
- Significant reductions to government contribution amounts for Commonwealth supported places (CSPs).
- Removal of caps on maximum CSP tuition fees.
- CSP funding to be opened up to non-university higher education providers, including for-profit providers.
- Demand driven CSP funding to expanded to include sub-bachelor higher education qualifications.
- Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) repayment thresholds to be lowered.
- Less favourable indexation arrangements for higher education grants.
- Consolidation and streamlining of research block grants.
For a more detailed analysis of these changes download the following briefing
ADDENDUM 8 May
Following a speech given by the Minister for Higher Education, Christopher Pyne at the Launch of the Diamond Deposition Suite at Monash University on Thursday 8 May 2014, the ...
Media Release: Audit Commission’s proposal to increase student fees to promote quality and access won’t work, says NTEU
Increasing the cost of getting a university degree through increasing HELP fees plus deregulating fees is not the way to ensure Australia has a robust and internationally reputable higher education ...
The frame of debate over university funding has shifted over the past few weeks as we head towards the Abbott Government’s first budget. Rather than continuing campaigning to ...
I hope that members working in universities got some personal time over the Easter break. But do spare a thought for your sessionally employed academic colleagues, who also ...
13 APRIL 2014
The report of the Demand Driven Funding System Review released today seems to be having a bob each way according to the National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU). The report is ...
Member Advantage invites you to complete the Member Advantage 2014 Satisfaction Survey and go into the draw to win one of two $250 Westfield Gift Cards.
This survey is conducted annually to ...