The Women's Action Committee (WAC) meets twice a year, including a one-day meeting held in conjunction with the annual Women's Conference.
WAC is composed of one academic and one general/professional staff representative from each Division, plus an Indigenous representatives and the female National Officers - currently the National President and National Vice-President (General Staff).
The Division-based representation provides a link between Division caucuses/meetings and the National Office.
Role of the Divisions
Each NTEU Division will:
- Ensure that, as provided for under the rules, one of the elected Division Officers has as part of the affirmative action responsibility, oversight of the roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitate and maintain women’s networks/caucuses at Division level.
- Provide Division staff support through allocation of “Women’s Issues” portfolio, and notify WAC of the name of the staff member involved.
- In collaboration with the women’s networks/caucuses facilitate election of the Division representatives to the Women’s Action Committee and alternates in a timely manner and determine replacement representatives for WAC members if they are unable to attend scheduled meetings.
- In cooperation with WAC members from Division, report to WAC on women’s issues discussed at Division and Branch level.
- Facilitate the provision of information coming from the Women’s Action Committee to Division and Branch forums, including relevant publications.