The Women's Action Committee (WAC) meets twice a year, including a one-day meeting held in conjunction with the annual Women's Conference.
WAC is composed of one academic and one general/professional staff representative from each Division, plus an Indigenous representatives and the female National Officers - currently the National President and National Vice-President (General Staff).
The Division-based representation provides a link between Division caucuses/meetings and the National Office.
Organisation of meetings
WAC meetings will be organised:
- To encourage debate and participation of members in order to provide advice on industrial, social and political issues affecting women.
- Be inclusive of members from all states and sections and to respect and value diversity.
- In such a way that ensures that all views will be heard and considered with respect in a supportive environment.
- To encourage all members of WAC to contribute at each meeting through having a rotating Chair, and respecting the right of all to speak by the use of standard meeting procedures.
- Briefly reconfirm these procedures at the beginning of each meeting.