The Women's Action Committee (WAC) meets twice a year, including a one-day meeting held in conjunction with the annual Women's Conference.
WAC is composed of one academic and one general/professional staff representative from each Division, plus an Indigenous representatives and the female National Officers - currently the National President and National Vice-President (General Staff).
The Division-based representation provides a link between Division caucuses/meetings and the National Office.
The role of the Women's Action Committee is:
- Act as a representative of women members, at the National level.
- To identify, develop and respond to matters affecting women.
- To advise on recruitment policy and resources directed at women.
- To advise on strategies and structures to encourage, support and facilitate the active participation of women members at all levels of the NTEU.
- To recommend action, and advise on issues affecting women.
- To provide editorial advice on Agenda and the women's website.
- To inform members on industrial issues and policies that impact on women.
- To make recommendations and provide advice to the National Executive, National Council, and Division Executive and Council on industrial, social and political issues affecting women.
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of issues, policies and structures affecting women.